We are happy to welcome you to Speech Team here at Shepard High School, an award winning club that has fostered several state champions! We are happy to announce that we are back to performing live at tournament competitions! Our mission is to help our speech team members build skills for outstanding public speaking and performance, from thinking quickly and communicating creatively through 14 different state sanctioned events.
Join our club through
Google Classroom using code: 6e3bbio
Remind Code: @shepspeech
Club Mission: We serve the school community by teaching students to develop oral communication skills and strategies for competition at the local, regional and state levels in forensics. These skills will serve them well as they continue to grow in their confidence as learners. We envision a world in which every school provides speech and debate programs to foster each student’s communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creative skills.
We will meet on Mondays from 3:30-4:30 pm in room A125 and via Zoom, if need be. You will find our Zoom link on our Google Classroom page.
1st Semester Goals:
- Select and coach students in individual and collaborative events
- Select, cut, and rehearse scripts;
- Gather research materials for extemporaneous speaking and impromptu speaking
- Assign students to specific events
- Prepare and train students for live performance or on camera
- Prepare for a performance night for family and friends in early December
Have more questions about Speech Team? Contact Mr. Dunaway, Mrs. Carlson, Mr. Murphy, or Ms. Fawk via staff email